Skip to content
Connect. Learn. Share.
- The Chicago Feeding Group: Send me a message to join (for free!) our group of professionals, parents, and students throughout Chicagoland (and beyond!) who support kids learning to eat. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit and provide a forum for members to connect and learn current research and intervention in pediatric feeding. Regular meetings include presentations from experts in the field and relevant, moderated panel discussions. We welcome students to participate and learn. Our group seeks to encourage and equip therapists and parents to help children thrive.
- Did you know that in Illinois, an evaluation through Early Intervention is free? Go here to find your local Child and Family Connections office, learn how to make a referral, learn about EI services, including eligibility requirements, and learn your rights.
- Feeding kids who struggle to eat is HARD. This is an eye-opening piece on not only trauma, but also chronic stress around feeding. Definitely explore the Extreme Picky Eating site; Jenny McGlothlin, M.S., CCC-SLP, and Dr. Katya Rowell are helping to spread the word about the importance of evidence-based responsive feeding practices.
- Feeding Matters is an organization aiming to accelerate identification of pediatric feeding disorder, support research, and promote collaborative care for families. A number of professional resources are available here and family resources are available here.
- A few of my favorite articles: